Chicken Mango Lettuce Wraps June 13 2016
Chicken Mango Lettuce Wraps are an amazing combination of Caribbean blackened chicken and mango salsa. These are so tasty and perfect for the 10 Day Shred or Transform 30 program as they are gluten free and dairy free.
For the Cajun Seasoning:
2 teaspooms paprika
1 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Chicken Wraps:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1-2 tablespoons of the Cajun seasoning from above (with no or little salt added)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1-2 heads of romaine lettuce
For the Salsa:
1 mango (peeled and diced)
1 avocado (diced and peeled)
1/2 red onion (sliced thin)
1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
1/4 bunch of cilantro (chopped)
Juice from 1 lime
1/2 jalapeño (seeded and diced, optional)
1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts or cashews
Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning ingredients and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Gently pat the chicken dry (a trick for perfect blackened chicken) and generously sprinkle the Cajun mix on both sides.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Carefully lay the seasoned chicken in the hot skillet, and cook it for 3-5 minutes (per side) until lightly blackened.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven. Cook 10-20 minutes (or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees).
- While the chicken is cooking, create your salsa. In a medium bowl, toss the salsa ingredients together, and set it aside.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Then slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Take one romaine lettuce leaf. As if it were a taco shell, spoon a few slices of chicken and the salsa into the leaf. Serve and enjoy!
Thank you Paleohacks for the recipe. Visit paleohacks.com for more great recipes