Moroccan-Spiced Quinoa with Roasted Broccoli and Chickpeas Recipe April 22 2017
Love the flavour of this recipe. Was looking to use up broccoli and came across this. Pretty basic spices that I usually have on hand and I always have a can of chickpeas in my pantry. I'll take the leftovers for my lunch. This is a perfect 10 Day Shred or Shred10 recipe.
1 c. dry quinoa
2 T. olive oil
3 c. broccoli, chopped into small pieces
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp sea salt
fresh black pepper
1 T. coconut oils
1.2 c yellow onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp coriander
3/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1. Cook the quinoa in 2 cups of water
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
3. Toss the broccoli and chickpeas with the olive oil, seal said and pepper
4. Spread out the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake the mix for 20-25 minutes, until the broccolis is lightly charred (not burnt).
6. Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a pan.
7. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
8. Add the garlic and spices and cook for one minutes.
9. Add the cooked quinoa and toss the mix until the quinoa is coated with the spices.
10. Lightly stir in the roasted vegetables
11. Top with a squirt of lemon juice and bit of fresh cilantro.
If this recipe piques your interest you may be interested in similar healthy recipes, get your FREE copy of the Shred Guide, full of recipes and tips for healthy living.
Learn more about the 10 Day Shred.